You are busy and demand (and deserve) a lot in life.
You have goals and want to get shit done. You work hard at work, putting in long hours. Outside of work, you want a significant other and to have time to nurture that relationship, feel love and take care of yourself, but where’s the time? I’m Kristen Van Nest and I can make you feel more fulfilled, less stressed at work, and happier with your life.
Why work/life coaching for women in business? As a Millennial and Marketing Manager who has lived and worked in New York, Shanghai, and now Los Angeles, this is an area close to my heart. As Research & Editorial Director for the book “Innovating Women: the Changing Face of Technology,” I spoke to hundreds of women executives about all of these struggles. I spent hours researching the topic, even attending a conference at the White House on these issues, and later founding the China Digital Women networking group. These issues affect so many women.
As a branding specialist with 5+ years of professional experience in the U.S. and in China, I am an expert in how to show up at work and in life as your best self. Outside of work, I’ve traveled to over 40 countries, traveling to North Korea, Kazakhstan, and Monaco. My mission as a coach is to help women find the work/life balance that works for them and empowers them to reach the dream life they envision.
Here are some areas we can work on:
- Career Development: Receive the raise and promotion you deserve. Have that tough conversation in a way that results in you getting what you deserve while strengthening your relationship with your boss
- Communication: Smoothly communicate with other departments, your boss, your peers, and your team. This includes managing that awkward male coworker, the flirty partner, and succeeding in male-dominated business meetings
- Cross-Cultural Communication: Don’t let differing cultures hold you back. Having worked in Shanghai as a Marketing Manager for 3.5 years in multi-cultural companies and lived in Europe, I can help you better communication with your foreign colleagues. Adjusting to life as an expat? Having been an expat in Europe and China, I can help you through the ups and downs of adjusting to a life in a new country
- Career Women & Dating: A manageable schedule in which you can focus on your career, while attracting and keeping a life partner who loves and supports you for who you are
- Feeling Fulfilled: Feel at ease and at peace in your life. No more anxiety and stress taking over your life
- Career Transition: Take charge of new opportunities. Work through the stress of the job search, negotiating salary and benefits, and preparing your plan for your first 90 days in your new role, whether in a new job, a promotion, a new career, or on your own as an entrepreneur
- Body Confidence: Actually love the way you look. Every day we are subjected to how we are “supposed to look.” Confidence is a “rising tide lifts all boats” factor of life
- Long-Term Goals/Family Planning/Investing: Take control of your future. Some of the most important things you need to do now, like saving and investing, don’t impact your present day-to-day life. This means these critical aspects of life are often forgotten about until it’s too late
Bringing more happiness and fulfillment to your life takes hard work, time, and determination. Patterns will be broken, tough discussions will happen, laughter and tears may occur. Taking control of your life is a rigorous, but rewarding experience. Like a coach at the gym or a mentor at work, I can help you achieve your big picture life goals.
Interested in working on any of these areas? Sign up for a free 30 minute consultation by clicking below:
My coaching is via phone and skype. We can quickly and easily connect from anywhere.
SIGN UP FOR A FREE 30-MINUTE SAMPLE SESSION:
“During my job search, Kristen was great at giving me clear and objective advice. First she helped me figure out what my priorities were so I confidently knew what I wanted, and then she helped me develop the correct communication tools and strategies I needed to get what I wanted. Thanks to Kristen I was able to negotiate a 20% increase in salary in my new job!” – Chelsea, Advertising, Shanghai
Join the Women in Business Network
Looking for some quick tips? Click on a publication to see my advice for women in business below: